Tuesday 15 April 2014

Fingerfood's Theme Buffet-Fishtails (+ My OH Does My Nails!)

I was complaining to my boyfriend the other day that while I really like fishtail manis, they just take so long to do and are basically a bit of a pain and I really couldn't be arsed to do one for this challenge. His eyes lit up and he told me he had an idea and this was the result! I painted the base coat and he did all the details with dotting tools and I have to say I love them!

Polishes used: Sinful Colors-Ciao Bella (which is a simply gorgeous blue jelly filled with sparkles!) and Revlon-Silver Screen, with my black Barry M nail art pen for details.



He also insisted I include this pic too (along with adorably re-enacting the last face-how could I refuse?!)


So there you go, my slightly less traditional take on fish tails, and a host of other marine life too. My boyfriend just asked me to point out that he realises that octopi etc are not strictly speaking fish, but hey, who's counting? I love them, they make me smile every time I see them, plus that base colour is gorgeous! And how awesome are the little octopus/squid/crab? I'll make a nail artist out of him yet =p

See you next time!

~Nail Art Novice~

5 comments:

  1. CUTE!! Haha, that huskey pic is SO funny, cracks me up every time! Your bf did a great job with your nails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I f****** love these! I found a way around that awful annoying technique too but these are way more creative! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are soooooo cute. Major props to your boyfriend, too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, reading all your lovely comments makes me so happy! I try my hardest to reply to them all and it makes my day to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...