Thursday 11 April 2013

L'Oreal Color Riche Collection-607 Rue Montmartre

I thought I'd bring you some swatches of some of the Color Riche collection by L'Oreal that I went and bought after I fell in love with Magic Croisette. I purchased them from fragrancedirect.co.uk which is an excellent site for getting awesome polishes for cheapy cheap from-the only trouble is that the colour swatches they use are really inaccurate for the colours the polishes actually are. When I was searching online for better swatches of these polishes, they were really hard to come by so I thought I'd make some of my own. I'm categorically not going to start swatching a lot of polishes on this blog, because there are enough sites out there that do that, with better pictures than I could ever take, but as these polishes seem to be rarer than a lot of others I hope you won't mind too much.

I got four colours-607-Rue Montmartre, 608-Luxembourg Garden, 604-Metropolitan and 502-Purple Disturbia but I'm going to dedicate a post to each so that I don't overwhelm you with pictures all in one go.

Today's offering is number 607-Rue Montmartre, which is a dusky purple/grey. This is 3 coats with no top coat, with accent nails featuring all 4 colours:


Natural light, and probably the closest to its actual colour


It's a bit of a weird one this-it's too grey to be purple and too purple to be grey. In my head it's a kind of 'lavendery grey' so I put it in with the rest of my purples. You only get 5mls in these teeny bottles but for the Fragrance Direct price of £1.20 a bottle I don't mind! I definitely wouldn't pay the full price of £4.99 for such a small amount of polish though. 

Application was pretty good-they have a wide flat brush which splays out a little when you use it-I managed to cover my little finger nail with one stroke and the rest only needed two. I didn't do any clean up on these nails and I managed not to get too much on my skin, which is a bonus and shows that even Novices can use the brushes well! It was fairly opaque in two coats but I put a third on just in case. As you can see, it's really shiny and lovely when it dries and doesn't leave obvious brush strokes behind. 

Overall I do really like this polish, although I think I'm going to struggle to wear it with other colours as it's such an odd one to match. She'll have to be a stand alone girl!

What do you think of my first swatching post? Did I do OK or did I forget something important?

~Nail Art Novice~

It's British Blogger link up time-check out these ladies and their beautiful nails:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, reading all your lovely comments makes me so happy! I try my hardest to reply to them all and it makes my day to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...