Thursday 18 April 2013

ABC Challenge: O is for Owls

Following Tuesday's total disasticure I am pleased to say that this mani is probably my favourite piece of nail art that I've ever done-I'm totally in love with it and don't want to take it off ever! Sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging but I'm just really proud of myself that I've done something that looks so good, I was so surprised how well it turned out!

So this week is 'O' in the ABC Challenge and I knew what I wanted to do straight away-something I saw a while ago and knew I would recreate. Before I even started my own blog I found these amazing owl nails by The Little Canvas and loved them. I finally got around to doing them myself!

Polishes used: Essie-Mojito Madness, Barry M-Lychee (finally I own this beauty!), Collection 2000-Look At Me! and Rimmel-Tangy Tangerine. Details were added with my new Barry M Nail Art Pen (I LOVE being able to spend my hard earned Boots points on awesome things!) which worked like a dream. 
Without further ado then (I took lots of pictures because I love them so much!):


Sadly this guy suffered a surprise zip attack shortly after he was
finished, hence the dint


This one really makes
me giggle!


So there we have it! I think next time I do these (there will be a next time!!!) I'll put a neutral base on over my nails first, just because the green makes my natural nail colour look a bit weird and purple (see my thumb on the first pic). I really love them though! They're making me really happy =)

Hope you like them as much as I do!

~Nail Art Novice~

Check out the other 'O' posts by these lovelies:

30 comments:

  1. Great job on your nail art! Super cute mani, I don't blame you for not wanting to take it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice owl indeed!! The green with white polka dots is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot =) It's actually the same nudey colour as their bellies but my camera wasn't playing properly lol

      Delete
  3. These are so cute! Like the polka dots too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenni!! Welcome to the ABC challenge! (I know I''m a lil late I had been MIA lately!) I loved your owls! I've been wanting to do some for so long and I don't know why I haven't.
    I also liked a lot the color combo you used. I'm loving that Lychee...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You should definitely do them, they're super easy ans really adorable!

      Lychee's lovely isn't it? I knew I had to get it once I saw it cropping up in other people's blogs. I've got so many green polishes and none of them look nice together so I thought it was about time I invested in some lol

      Delete
  5. Aww I love it too! Well done, I love the colours you used :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad so many people like it =)

      Delete
  6. Mojito Madness is probably my favorite green of all time, and it looks great on you. The owl is freaking adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's my favourite green too...for now!

      Delete
  7. So super cute! That green is so nice and I almost never say that about green!! I hope you shared this with TLC, she'll love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TLC?
      Thanks =) It's my fave green (and I have a LOT of green polishes, it's my fave colour!)

      Delete
  8. See, now, THIS is how you do owls! These are adorable and just the right amount of detail. And the colors look great together as well. I'm taking pointers from you, girlie, next time I decide to try owls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! =) I can't really take credit though, I copied what The Little Canvas did for the most part. Glad you like them though!

      Delete
  9. Awwwwwww!!!!!!! This mani is so pretty!!!!!! I love the tiny owl and the colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are perfect! I love the ones with their eyes closed ^^ So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute manicure! I love owls, they're soooo pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your owl nail art!
    Hope we can follow each others blogs? (:



    Posh
    www.poshhbaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute!! I really need to try some owls!
    PS. did you know your comments have the captcha on? Most don't realize, so i just thought i'd tell ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great mani! You really knocked it outta the park!!! I love owls but for some reason never remember to try them on my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a very cute manicure. I love how all the colors go togethe :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ADORE. :) You nailed it. Congratulations. From the wonderful way in which these colors work with your skin tone, to your perfect execution...

    Super job!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's amazing! I love owls :D x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds like super fun contest dear. I wish I could particiapte :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably a bit late for the ABC Challenge as we only have 4 letters left but there are plans to do another nail art contest afterwards that you could get involved in if you want!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you, reading all your lovely comments makes me so happy! I try my hardest to reply to them all and it makes my day to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...