Saturday 9 March 2013

Mint Ice Cream and Sprinkles

A fairly uninspired title for a fairly uninspired mani, I'm afraid. I'm still stuck with this cold, and have been for a week now, thoroughly fed up of coughing and sore throats and nose blowing and feeling awful and NOT BEING ABLE TO HEAR. Honestly, if someone isn't directly facing me when they speak to me then I can't hear what they're saying, it's like I'm constantly wearing earplugs-everything is muffled and sounds very distant. Plus I can hear my pulse in my ears loudly and above all other noises, meaning that if I move quickly anywhere I'm temporarily deaf for a few seconds whilst it settles down again.
Basically, it SUCKS. I've not been feeling especially creative because of this, so this was just another simple and quick mani. My original intention was to cover the green in purple sparkles, but I had sorely underestimated how dark the base was, hence I ended up with diagonal accents. To make matters worse, I've lost my base coat and had to use an old one that's almost made of glue. Grumble Grumble.

Polishes used: Barry M-Mint Green (at least I think so. It doesn't have a label on but looks about right compared to their website) and Revlon-Facets of Fuchsia on my accents.
Don't get me wrong, I adore this green, but it's a pain in the arse to apply-this is between 2 and 4 coats on each nail because it's really sheer and takes a while to build up opacity. In daylight, I've got a big patch on my middle finger that you can see through to the nail beneath even still.
Facets is frankly beautiful-I got it through a blog sale at the beginning of the year so it was a bargain for me. I think it's now been re-released as Scandalous but it's still a sheer black base filled with lots of purple glitter. This is 2 coats on each tip.





It is a nice combination but I'm not blown away by it-I'm not taking any joy glancing at my fingers when I type like with some manis. Here's hoping I'll be better soon, then I can get back on track and do something a little more interesting!

~Nail Art Novice~


4 comments:

  1. Hey, great blog. Lovely colours and well designed. Also cute nails as I am a short nail lover lol, only advise is that you could maybe try to do a bit clean up on the cuticles before posting photos :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not this is post clean up! Best I can do with polish remover that's not 100% acetone and cotton buds. Also I was feeling lousy so let me off this time? =p

      Thanks for visiting though!

      Delete
  2. Your tape job looks awesome..mine always end up a hige polished mess LOL! That colour really suits you, too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's probably the technique I am most "accomplished" at lol. Once I discovered fast dry top coat I was trying tape manis out a while ago, before I started the blog.
      The colour is lovely, just wish it wasn't such a pain to apply!!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you, reading all your lovely comments makes me so happy! I try my hardest to reply to them all and it makes my day to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...