Friday 29 March 2013

I Ain't No G-G-G-G-Ga-Ga Girl!

If you recognise the title without reading the rest of my post then you just gained +1 Awesome points in my world, maybe even +2, so well done you.
For the rest of you, worry not, I am about to explain.
Basically yesterday I went to see my FAVOURITE musical of all time. For the 9th time. The title is a quote from it, because I can basically dictate the entire thing. I thought it might be nice to do some nail art using the logo for inspiration.
What musical was it?
Why, We Will Rock You*, of course! I am a massive Queen fan, but what a lot of people don't realise is that I saw the musical first and then became a Queen fan afterwards, because I loved the music (and haven't stopped loving it since). I have all the albums and know all the words and am basically a LOT of a fangirl over it. Well, you can't blame a girl for having a hobby now, can you?

So onto the mani! This is the logo I was using for inspiration:

Picture from here

although I wasn't going to attempt anything quite so complicated, I'm not that talented! I decided I was going to do a layered orange stripe pattern using Barry M-Satsuma, Rimmel I Heart Lasting Finish-Tangy Tangerine and Rimmel Wear Maxx-Serene and then added details with Barry M-Black. The colours don't quite match perfectly to the ones in the picture but I think they look quite good together regardless.
These are messy pictures again because I ran out of time to clean up before I left and by the time I had got home to take pictures the polish had set like concrete into my cuticles and so was impossible to clean up. I have now ordered some better nail art brushes, which means I can sacrifice one of my old ones to clean up for (hopefully) better looking pictures.

Anyways:





I know my tiny Freddie is not as good as Rara's was the other week, but I'm still impressed with him considering I can't draw at all! FYI the smudgy bit behind his leg is supposed to be a guitar, I just didn't want to fill it in any more because it would just look like he had a massive tree trunk leg, which wouldn't be good. My right thumb just has the letters 'WWRY' on because I wasn't going to attempt him twice!
As you can see I layered the oranges on top of each other from darkest-lightest using the brushes in the polishes. Serene is actually creamy shimmery white (as you can see here) but I kind of like the fact that it looks slightly orangey because of its sheerness. This is two coats of Satsuma and Tangy Tangerine and three of Serene.

So yeah. It might not be the most complicated nail art in the world, and it might not be executed perfectly but I am still proud of it. Plus I had an awesome night out to wear it to, so who's complaining?

~Nail Art Novice~

*Don't click the link if you don't want spoilers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, reading all your lovely comments makes me so happy! I try my hardest to reply to them all and it makes my day to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...